Kale (or Spinach) Frittata
Image courtesy of My Kitchen in the Rockies
- Handful of Kale or Spinach
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 4 Cherry or 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 4-6 eggs
- ½ cup of cheese of your choice
- 2 strips of bacon, chopped or bacon bits (save grease from bacon or use olive oil)
- Baking + Spices (optional):
- Pinch of salt & pepper
Courtesy of Demetria Cox, Pop Up Produce Kit Owner and Volunteer
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
If you are using bacon strips, crisp up bacon in oven safe skillet.
Remove bacon & chop when cooled.
If using bacon bits, place aside until later & heat oil in skillet.
Sauté onion in oil, when onions are translucent, add diced tomatoes & kale or spinach, & salt/ pepper then continue cooking for another minute.
Beat together the eggs in a small bowl with salt and pepper.
Add eggs to skillet, top with cheese, then bake until the eggs are set, roughly 10 - 12 minutes.