Guided nature walks, free kayak and bike rentals, guided bike tours, live music, food truck, craft beer and 25 outdoor lifestyle exhibitors and vendors.
Taking cues from similar events around the country and the world, Open Streets 704 aims to build a better, healthier, connected community by encouraging Charlotte and Mecklenburg area residents to walk, bicycle, and experience the city together in a way that’s just not possible in a car.
Celebrating the connection between local farms and local foods, and the importance of conservation.
On November 21st, Pop Up Produce will be making another TV appearance! Tune into PBS Charlotte at 8pm or 11pm for our segment on "Carolina Impact" and get a glimpse into one of our donated planting at Bruns Academy! We're grateful to share our story alongside others who are making an impact in our local food deserts. Thank you PBS for taking the time to film our work in action!
All of our Fresh Start Kits are packaged by local volunteers and you can be one of them! Join an awesome group of volunteers for our next Packaging Party onSaturday November 18th, from 11 AM- 12:30 PM in the Huddle Room at Hygge. Our Fresh Start Kits make a perfect gift for people of all ages and we will be packaging the Kits just in time for the holiday season! If you're interested in attending, please email us at email@example.com by November 11.
Join us and our community on October 15th, from 1 PM-5 PM in Uptown Charlotte for Open Streets 704! Open Streets advocates for people to enjoy biking and walking by closing down the street from cars. During the event, Pop Up Produce will be located in the Green Zone! More details to follow!
View Website >>
Join us in supporting the soft launch of local non-profit, the ZYN foundation. On October 13th from 6:30 PM-9:30 PM at the Hart Witzen gallery, the ZYN foundation will be holding their soft launch event! The ZYN foundation focuses on educating the community on agriculture, sustainability, and holistic approaches to health with an emphasis on low-income outreach. At the event Pop Up Produce will be teaching a class on growing food as well as our founder, Amanda Zullo, will be speaking on the panel!
136 E. 36th St.
View Event Page >>
On October 7th, from 9 AM- 12 PM at First Ward Park we will be at the first Annual Charlotte Monarch Festival. Join us in celebrating monarch butterflies, pollinators and wildlife habitats. This is a family friendly event and includes fun for all ages; best of all, admission is free!
301 E. 7th Street, Uptown Charlotte
View Event Page >>
- We are very excited to be a part of this urban garden & lifestyle tour
- Secret Gardens of Fourth Ward is "an urban garden and lifestyle tour in the heart of center city Charlotte. The tour showcases a mix of private gardens, courtyards, rooftop terraces and outdoor living spaces that are rarely, if ever, open to the public".
- Pop Up Produce will be a vendor at the event from 12 PM- 4 PM.
- Tickets are $20 and can be purchased here.
- "The Fresh Expo is an exciting event that showcases local, regional and national businesses and organizations that are innovative leaders in healthy, green, eco and sustainable living impacting the Charlotte metropolitan community"
- To learn more about the Fresh Expo, check out their website.
- Pop Up Produce will be one of the vendors
- Our founder, Amanda Zullo, will be speaking on the panel.
- Open Streets help advocate for people to enjoy biking and walking by closing down the street from cars.
- Open Streets 704 was made possible by a grant from the Knight Foundation.
- Pop Up Produce will be in the Green Zone.
- B-Cycle will be providing free bike rentals at each hub, during the event.
- If you are interested in learning more about the event, you can find the website here!
- Charlotte VegFest is a celebration of healthy, sustainable, and compassionate eating and explores the endless benefits of vegetarian living.
- There will be a multitude of speakers throughout the day. Some of these speakers include, Eddie Garza, Will Tucker, and Emily Byrd.
- Pop Up Produce has been invited to be one of the vendors.
- Located at Freedom Hall at The Park Expo and Conference Center
- 800 Briar Creek Rd, Charlotte, NC 28205